Discover where the gaps are with your website
Is your website doing all it can to reach your target audience and deliver your message? Does it load quickly and do the links go where they should? Has it kept pace with external changes like new search engine algorithms and evolving social media trends? If you’re not periodically auditing your site’s performance, you could be losing viewers and potential customers.
A website audit is the fundamental first step in determining where a client’s current digital marketing strategy is at, and provides the foundation on which to set targets for the future.
New Perspective provides ongoing auditing services for websites we’ve created. We also serve clients who come to us with existing sites or multiple web properties that may or may not be delivering the ROI they need, warranting a thorough performance analysis and, possibly, a reworked strategy.
To ensure you’re getting the most from your website investment, we’ll review your site top to bottom and provide an actionable, page-by-page assessment of performance in key areas, which may include:
- Content: A content inventory shows what’s on your site; a content audit shows whether it’s any good. Potentially time-consuming but critical, an audit reviews every page to confirm your text, links, images and videos are all functioning properly. It also can measure which pages are holding your viewers’ attention and which are bouncing them off your site.
- Keywords: Periodically researching and massaging your keywords keeps you in step with your audience: if they’re using new or different search terms, you need to know it. (You can read more about this process in our blog.) Our audit will identify where your keyword strategy needs refining—including in meta-tags, title tags and headers.
- Local listings: Are you on the map? Directories like Foursquare, Yelp, Yahoo Local Listings and Google Places provide your street address, phone number, driving directions, hours and more. They’re vital to your local marketing efforts, but managing them can be like herding cats. New Perspective will update all your listings—and make sure you’re found first on the most active directories—so they’ll lead customers to your door. Read more about local listings.
- Social Media Integration: Engaging in social networks builds credible links organically—links that further strengthen your SEO power and drive to your site. New Perspective will review your social media signals and verify you’re out there, and out there enough, in the right places, like Google+, Twitter, Foursquare, Facebook, LinkedIn, Yelp, Instagram, YouTube, relevant blogs and more. We’ll help you strike the right balance with likes, links, clicks, pokes, plusses, hits, shares, tweets, posts and followers.
- Trust Factors/Metrics: Social media engagement is one way to encourage visitors to trust your site. Visitors also look for reviews, customer testimonials, and “seals of approval” from organizations like Angie’s List or the Better Business Bureau. Read our blog about encouraging trust online.
We produce a highly detailed analysis of your site’s visibility, usability, engagement and architecture. We add these details to the bigger picture that includes all the factors that influence your internet marketing strategy: competitive environment, changing audience preferences, strength of your digital assets and how you can leverage them, your prioritized goals and, of course, your budget.
Using website audit data wisely
There are plenty of do-it-yourself online reporting tools that provide basic rankings data or help you grade your pages. They’re handy for a quick check up, but what will you do with the information? How does it influence your strategy? It’s tempting to want to be #1 in all search terms, but businesses that try to be all things to all people inevitably lose their direction and the customers who really matter. Instead, a New Perspective audit gives you solid, prioritized recommendations to help you best manage the next steps—and your Internet marketing resources—for short- and long-term results.
A New Perspective audit provides meaningful, pertinent data and an insightful strategy to use it to your advantage. Contact us at 508-755-6797 to request yours today.